Sunday, January 15, 2012

In Kunming

Walter and I made it in to Kunming on Friday night. Our hostel has WiFi and is extremely cool in a number of other ways as well. There's a bar/restaurant in the lobby and it is generally a really happening place. As mentioned, there is wifi, but sometimes it can get a little spotty and it doesn't like to play nice with my VPN, hence it taking me three days to tell you we've arrived. On Tuesday night we will take a overnight bus to LiJiang and from there move up into the Tiger Leaping Gorge. Basically, we're awesome and you should be jealous. Kunming is a beautiful city. I sort of wish that I had gotten a job here instead of Wuhan. We're at a higher elevation than Denver and a lower latitude than Atlanta, so the weather is frankly just gorgeous. In fact, Kunming is known as "The City of Eternal Spring" and let me tell you, visiting here in the dead of Winter, I can easily believe it.

There should be internet access at our hostel in Lijiang, so I'll make an effort to update from there. Once we move up into the gorge though, all bets are off. Even money says there's no internet up there since none of the hostels we've seen info for in the gorge even have email addresses.

Stay sexy, you awesome readers.

-Peace

1 comment:

  1. You know, I actually am jealous. I'm starting to second guess my decision to pursue a mundane job with computers instead of bumming around the world ;-) .
    Keep us posted on g+, I like living vicariously in exotic places :-)

    ReplyDelete